The old saying “You don’t know what you don’t know” rings true in the are of project plan development and control.
Many companies, large and small, buy scheduling software like Microsoft Project, and hire PMI certified project managers to lead projects consisting of both internal project portfolios, and external client commissioned assignments. Unfortunately, with the lack of in depth tool knowledge and the void of robust PMO’s to guide the way, most project managers use the tools basic features in a stand-alone, out-of-the-box configuration and are missing out on the tools capabilities.
Solveology’s main goal is to provide the education necessary to ensure your organization is self-sufficient and effective.
No project request is too small, and questions are welcome. We hope to become your one source for all things Project related.
We embrace industry standard methodology and tools such as PMI and Microsoft’s suite of integrated applications. Although there is no shortage of tools which appear on Forrester’s Wave report or Gartner’s Magic Quadrant report for IT Project and Portfolio Management Applications, we believe it’s best to keep the technology landscape simple and stick to the basics with industry standard and fully integrated applications which are scalable with your desktop Office investment.
We can help you with:
- Defining the administrator role in lieu of a PMO
- MSProject procedures
- MSProject Desktop Design
- Custom data collection: financial management including capital forecasting, audit compliance, risk and issue management
- Incorporation of best practice
- Standardization with Templates
- Data analysis
- Excel charts and reports
When you work with Solveology you’ll be able to:
- Leverage tools and processes you may already have
- Identify gaps in procedures and design business solutions
- Make informed decisions using better data
- Drive standardized project management best practice throughout your IT organization
- Customize MSProject desktop to enable better timeline, budget and resource tracking, change request and issue management among other knowledge areas
- Standardize with your own templates and work breakdown structures